Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back in the Keys

Oh my, am I ever happy to be back in the Keys! Despite how wonderful it was to be back in Arkansas and see family, friends and dirty bicyclists I am really fond of warm weather, clear water and the laid back atmosphere of the Keys.

I am once again at the 104.9 beach house in Islamorada, Waltzing Matilda is still bobbing happily on the dock and the sun is shining, the fish may be biting (I'm still not much a fisherman) and I am bare foot in shorts. I went to Key West via automobile yesterday and found that I have a bit better of an attitude about the place now that I am not as homesick and lonely as I was in October. I rode down with the program manager of 104.9 to install some new gear in the radio station and we walked about the water front, went to Turtle Kraals for dinner then, yawning at 8PM, drove the 88 miles back to Islamorada.

I think it is getting time for me to upgrade my sailing experience, I love Waltzing Matilda and I have done things with her that no one thought possible, but she is a day sailer, I am a cruiser and need a slightly larger vessel. Sea comfort is very important to me as is enough room to stand upright, storage for the plethora of tools I carry and deck wide enough to walk about.

I know exactly what I want so I am going to employ my tried and true method of getting it. Despite my lack of superstition I have found that a series of actions has consistently resulted in achieving the impossible and I will share these methods with my faithful readers, please keep in mind that the following method does not work for gaining money or women.

Step one: Write down exactly what you want.
Step two: imagine having what you want
Step three: ???
Step four: profit?

This has worked for me several times, it's how Courtney and I found PlanB and how I lived there for three years without meeting the landlord, it's how I found the school bus (wow that thing was fun) and it's how I acquired Waltzing Matilda in the first place. I know exactly which boat I want, not just the type but specifically which boat. I spotted her in Treasure Island in the summer of 2010 and fell in love the moment I laid eyes on her.

Time will tell, I am not changing my course or lack of plans but I am ready for a larger vessel, one with accommodations for myself, Mattie and an adventurous woman as I don't think I can carry on alone much longer. Applications to join me may be sent with a $20 application fee to:
Nathan Landry
General Delivery
82801 Overseas Highway,
Islamorada, FL 33036-9998

Please include height, weight and your rational (or lack there of) for joining the ranks of the impoverished, homeless and free.

1 comment:

  1. Is there a place where you can receive mail on occasion? I'd like to send you a package of fun.

    ReplyDelete